xfig crashes

Stefan Bruda bruda at cs.ubishops.ca
Tue Jul 31 03:52:35 PDT 2007

Hi,

Jonathan Stickel wrote:

>> Searching the list is always useful, as this has just been discussed,
>> see
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-July/004596.html
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-July/004620.html
>
> Fair enough.  Google searching didn't show anything, but next time I'll
> search the macports bugs and the mailing list.  Is the mailing list
> searchable somewhere, or do I need to look through the archives?

Umm, it actually sounded harsher than I meant, sorry.  As for searching, I
do so googling for something like 'xfig site:lists.macosforge.org' (as I
am not aware of any other way of doing it).

> I have been using gentoo for a long time, and I am stilling getting used
> to macports.  In gentoo, if something like this popped up, the "port"
> would be removed in favor of an earlier version that worked; that is
> until the port was fixed.

I feel for you, I come from Gentoo as well and I miss portage a lot on
this machine of mine.

> Is there an earlier version readily
> available?  I'm guessing not by the thread referred to above.  In that
> case, what is a typical time frame for a bug like this to be fixed?

There are no multiple versions for a port, unless a previous version has
been installed (case in which it remains installed until you explicitly
uninstall it).  The xfig issue is a long standing one to boot.  I can only
guess that people do not use xfig (wich is a pitty if you ask me).

Stefan