Fortran

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Sat Jun 2 11:24:35 PDT 2007

On 2.6.2007, at 20.35, Andre-John Mas wrote:

> On 2-Jun-07, at 13:11 , Jyrki Wahlstedt wrote:
>

>> On 2.6.2007, at 16.32, Andre-John Mas wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have just been given some fortran source, which I need to compile,
>>> so I was curious to know whether a fortran compiler existed as part
>>> of MacPorts? There doesn't seem to be a Fortran compiler as part of
>>> the basic gcc installers that comes with XCode, at least there
>>> doesn't
>>> seem to be an f77 command.
>>>
>>> Andre
>>
>> Hi,
>> there seem to be two, g95 and a Fortran95 front-end in gcc4*
>> packages. Depends, what Fortran dialect you have, but worth a try,
>> anyway…
>
> I am not familiar with Fortran. I got program whose source is in
> Fortran,
> so I just needed to find a way to compile it. The Makefile makes
> reference to f77.
>
> I will give gcc42 a go and see if that helps.
>
> BTW Will gcc42 break my ability to create universal binaries, or
> effect
> XCode in any way?
>
> Andre

gcc42 is certainly a solid package. Just be prepared to have
something to do while it builds, it takes its time. gcc42 lives in
MacPorts box, so it shouldn't affect Xcode.
!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386