Error building plplot

JEAN-MARC LACHAINE jmjmlach at tbaytel.net
Thu Jun 7 18:18:48 PDT 2007

I get the following error when port builds plplot

Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error: /Library/Frameworks/AquaTerm.framework/AquaTerm already exists and does
not belong to a registered port. Unable to activate port aquaterm.

This has happened on both an Intel iMac at work and on my G5 PowerPC at home. The Intel machine did not have Aquaterm already
installed, the G5 did. In both cases I simply restarted the port install process. I'm still waiting for the build process to
finish on my G5 but I assume that I will end with the same result as on the Intel machine. The plplot install/build process
completes and everything works. I assume that the Aquaterm framework that the process is complaining about must have been
installed by XCode or something else on the Intel machine. Unlike my G5, it's new and I have not added a whole lot to it yet. I
have not had a chance to check a clean machine to verify this assumption though.

The error terminates the install process. It would be nice if this got fixed. However, for anyone trying to build this fantastic
scientific plotting library, don't despair, just hit the up arrow and return and all will be well.

I'll post a follow-up on the G5 once the build completes and I write a quick function to ensure the functionality of the library.

JML