Install gimp-user-manual fails

David Rowe david.rowe at freeuk.com
Fri Jun 8 03:28:18 PDT 2007

I have just successfully installed gimp

I am now trying to install gimp-user-manual but it fails saying:

$ sudo port install gimp-user-manual
--->  Fetching gimp-user-manual
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-profile.xsl from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/gimp-user-manual
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-profile.xsl from
http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/gimp-user-manual
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-profile.xsl from
http://distfiles-od.opendarwin.org/
--->  Attempting to fetch patch-profile.xsl from
http://distfiles-msn.opendarwin.org/
Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed

I tried typing the URLs into a browser and :
The 'od.opendarwin' URLs came back immediately with: Firefox can't
establish a connection to the server at distfiles-od.opendarwin.org
-  i.e. the server isn't there.

The 'msn.opendarwin' URTs hung for a long time 'waiting for .....'
then delivered a long list of files - but nothing apparently relevant to
gimp-user-manual.

Does anyone know what is wrong & how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

David Rowe