Darcs checksum failing, even after clean

Simon Ruderich simon at ruderich.com
Tue Jun 19 09:25:36 PDT 2007

Bueno, Denis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I hope this hasn't already been solved (I subscribed to the list not
> 5 minutes ago....)
>
> Symptom: I can't get darcs to install; the checksum keeps failing.
> Expected behavior: Darcs should install. =]
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Denis

Looks like the download file was changed. To fix this just go to this
Portfile and update the md5 checksum.

If your using a normal installation in /opt the portfile should be here:

/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/darcs/Portfile

Open it with any editor and change the line checksums from this

checksums       md5 077420eec437ecdd45d8dc6682ee61fa

to this

checksums       md5 07222cd3c500aa31e3332847573a4ab2

And then retry the installation. This should fix this problem.

But you may have to use sudo to update the file because it's not
writable for normal users.
To do this easily you can use the "nano" editor. Open the "Terminal" and
type

cd
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/darcs/

Then type this and after pressing enter, enter your password:

sudo nano Portfile

You can use nano like any editor and just use the cursor keys to move to
the correct location and delete the old checksum and use Copy & Paste to
replace it.

Hope this helps,
Simon
- --