Problem with DB44 on Intel MacBook Pro

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Jun 23 21:52:45 PDT 2007

I'm setting up several things using MacPorts per this page:

http://blog.duncandavidson.com/2006/04/sandboxing_rail.html

and I get an error when I get to subversion:

sudo port install subversion +tools
Password:
--->  Building db44 with target all
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/db/dports/build/
_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dp
orts_databases_db44/work/db-4.4.20/build_unix" && make all " returned
error 2

and there are other comments in the page reporting a similar error.
However, when I do:

port clean db44

port install db44 +universal +darwin_8

Then it builds OK. I'm building on an Intel MacBook Pro running
10.4.10  - I don't know MacPorts well enough to tell what's going
wrong. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

Thanks,
SR