failed to build ports ocaml, xfig

Dimitri Hendriks diem at cs.vu.nl
Wed Jun 27 04:33:04 PDT 2007

Dear all,

I just installed Macports, version 1.442.
The first port I want to install, fails to build.
Here's the output:

$ sudo port install coq
--->  Fetching ocaml
--->  Attempting to fetch ocaml-3.10.0.tar.bz2 from http://
caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-3.10/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for ocaml
--->  Extracting ocaml
--->  Configuring ocaml
--->  Building ocaml with target world.opt
--->  Staging ocaml into destroot
--->  Installing ocaml 3.10.0_0
--->  Activating ocaml 3.10.0_0
--->  Cleaning ocaml
--->  Fetching coq
Error: No defined site for tag: coq, using master_sites
--->  Attempting to fetch coq-8.1.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.inria.fr/
INRIA/coq/V8.1/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for coq
--->  Extracting coq
--->  Configuring coq
--->  Building coq with target world
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/db/dports/build/
_Volumes_Users_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.o
rg_dpupdate_dports_lang_coq/work/coq-8.1" && make world " returned
error 2
Command output: OCAMLC    config/coq_config.mli
OCAMLOPT  config/coq_config.ml
ECHO... > scripts/tolink.ml
OCAMLOPT  scripts/tolink.ml
OCAMLOPT  scripts/coqmktop.ml
OCAMLOPT -o bin/coqmktop.opt
cd bin; ln -sf coqmktop.opt coqmktop
OCAMLC    lib/pp_control.mli
OCAMLOPT  lib/pp_control.ml
OCAMLC    lib/pp.mli
OCAMLOPT4 lib/pp.ml4
OCAMLOPT  lib/compat.ml4
Camlp4: Uncaught exception: DynLoader.Error ("pa_ifdef.cmo", "file
not found in path")

Preprocessor error
make: *** [lib/compat.cmx] Error 2

I also tried to install port xfig, but again without succes:

$ sudo port install xfig
Password:
--->  Fetching Xaw3d
--->  Attempting to fetch Xaw3d-1.5E.tar.gz from ftp://ftp.visi.com/
users/hawkeyd/X/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for Xaw3d
--->  Extracting Xaw3d
--->  Configuring Xaw3d
--->  Building Xaw3d with target all
--->  Staging Xaw3d into destroot
--->  Installing Xaw3d 1.5E_0
--->  Activating Xaw3d 1.5E_0
Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: Image error: /usr/X11R6/
include/X11/Xaw3d/AllWidgets.h already exists and does not belong to
a registered port.  Unable to activate port Xaw3d.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: Xaw3d ghostscript
jpeg libpng zlib transfig netpbm jasper tiff

Does anyone know what is wrong?

More info:

   Dual 2 GHz PPC G5
   OS X 10.4.10