mplayer revision try3

Eric Cronin ecronin at gizmolabs.org
Sat Jun 30 09:26:37 PDT 2007

On Jun 29, 2007, at 8:17 AM, Emmanuel Hainry wrote:

> Citando Boey Maun Suang :
>>  Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>>> 	Yesterday, port -v outdated informed me that there was a "new"
>>> version of MPlayer available:
>>>
>>> Mplayer	1.0rc1_4 > 1.0rc1_try3 !
>>
>>  The revision field in Portfiles is only supposed to be used for
>> updates or
>>  fixes to the Portfile that don't involve upstream changes, and
>> furthermore
>>  is only intended to contain positive integer values.  In this
>> case, the
>>  Portfile should have been altered from:
>>
>>  version		1.0rc1
>>  revision	4
>>
>>  to:
>>
>>  version		1.0rc1try3
>>
>>  (i.e. the revision number should have been removed; it should
>> default to 0).
>>
>>  Eric, would you be able to make this change?  I don't think that
>> it will
>>  muck up the revisioning, since the version comparison algorithm
>> used in
>>  MacPorts will report 1.0rc1 < 1.0rc1try3.  I suspect that
>> Emmanuel had to
>>  force MacPorts to upgrade Mplayer in the first instance, as his
>> output
>>  indicates that MacPorts thought on the basis of the strings that the
>>  installed version is newer than the "updated" version, so not
>> many users
>>  will have installed the current version in the tree (including
>> myself :P ).

my bad here...  I was trying to do the minimal amount of hacking to
deal with MPlayer's stupid non-versions.  My testing didn't turn up
any cases where revision was expected to be numerical, and 't' is >
'4' so it did correctly detect as being newer.

>>> PS: * the upgrade did not go perfectly, I had to change the
>>> Portfile to
>>> revert the dependency on lzo instead of lzo2. I will put a ticket on
>>> track.
>>
>>  Not sure about this one.  Eric, I suppose it's over to you!
>
> It is almost resolved:
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12196 . It is
> more or
> less my bad for not deinstalling lzo after installing lzo2.

Not really your fault, I had the -I ordering wrong.  But since almost
nothing needs lzo1 most people should uninstall it once they
upgrade.  Could someone apply the change in that ticket and commit?

Thanks,
Eric