sitecopy fails to build

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sat Jun 30 11:36:46 PDT 2007

Hi Malcolm,

Sorry to take so long to reply; I lost you last email in the forest
of other ones I received :(

As an aside, would you be able to reply all in future so that the
rest of the list receives a copy of this discussion?  Thanks.

On 13/06/2007, at 15:10, Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:

> [...]
> checking whether to use NLS... yes
> checking where the gettext function comes from... external libintl
> checking how to link with libintl... /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib /
> opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib -lc  -Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating lib/neon/Makefile
> config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
> config.status: creating intl/Makefile
> config.status: creating config.h
> config.status: executing default-1 commands
> config.status: creating po/POTFILES
> config.status: creating po/Makefile
> configure: Configured sitecopy 0.16.3:
>
>   Install prefix:        /opt/local
>   Compiler:              gcc
>   Frontend:              Console (executable named 'sitecopy')
>   Supported protocols:   sftp/ssh rsh/rcp WebDAV FTP
>   neon library:          library in /opt/local (0.26.3)
>   XML Parser:            using whatever neon uses
>   SSL library:		 SSL is supported by neon
>   Internationalization:  Built using native support
>
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on bison
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on expat
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on gettext
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on heimdal
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on libiconv
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on neon
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on openssl
> Warning: Target configure has an undeclared dependency on zlib
> --->  Building sitecopy with target all
> make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> <<< Leaving intl
> Bundled neon build not being used.
> <<< Leaving lib/neon
> gcc -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -no-cpp-precomp -I/
> System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers -I. -
> DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -I./src -I./
> lib -O2 -I/opt/local/include/neon -o src/sites.o -c src/sites.c
> gcc -I/opt/local/include -I/opt/local/include -no-cpp-precomp -I/
> System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework/Headers -I. -
> DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DLOCALEDIR=\"/opt/local/share/locale\" -I./src -I./
> lib -O2 -I/opt/local/include/neon -o src/sitefiles.o -c src/
> sitefiles.c
> src/sitefiles.c: In function `fnlist_match':
> src/sitefiles.c:303: error: `FNM_LEADING_DIR' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> src/sitefiles.c:303: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
> only once
> src/sitefiles.c:303: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make: *** [src/sitefiles.o] Error 1
> Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on gettext
> Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on heimdal
> Warning: Target build has an undeclared dependency on neon
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for sitecopy):
> com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot

Well, I'm still stuck, I'm afraid.  I noticed in your output above that:

> checking for GNU fnmatch... no

whereas I got "yes"; the few other differences all seem to be
attributable to architecture differences, and shouldn't be relevant.
If Mac OS X 10.3.9 does have a GNU fnmatch, I don't know why
sitecopy's configure isn't detecting it.  If Mac OS X 10.3.9 doesn't
have a GNU fnmatch, the sitecopy sources say that it's supposed to
build a replacement, but your output suggests that it isn't doing so
before it's needed, which suggests that there is also a problem with
the Makefile.in.  I'll try fixing the latter, but if somebody knows
for sure that Mac OS X 10.3.9 does have a GNU fnmatch, then it would
be better to address the problem by figuring out why it's not picking
that up.

I'm sorry that I can't be much more help at the moment, but at least
you've got a shoulder to cry on :P

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--