python24 install failure

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 15:00:59 PST 2007

Hi,

Am 06.03.2007 um 21:33 schrieb Kevin Horton:

> Or, is this cruft left over from my previous installed ports

I would try

port clean --work all

and in case you use archive mode (wont hurt if you dont)

port clean --archive all

This way you save bandwidth downloading sources again
as compared to running clean --all.

Then, I would run the periodic jobs manually once.
I have not checked what is done therein, so this may
be woodoo, but I think it is some kind of basic house-
keeping in case you dont know where there might be
settings that rule in without you knowing about them.

sudo periodic daily weekly monthly

Then check whether old python port were uninstalled
properly:

port installed | grep py*

Uninstall the stuff that might interfere with your
current installation. Maybe this is best done first
of all. Now, if it does not work afterwards, you
can read your /etc/profile and .profile and .login
files to find strange environment variable settings.
Tell us about your findings.

Good luck, Christian