python24 install failure

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 16:09:23 PST 2007

Hi,

Am 07.03.2007 um 00:56 schrieb Kevin Horton:

> After doing all the above, python24 builds.  But, looking at the
> build output, I see hundreds of references to /sw/lib or /sw/
> include, e.g.
>
> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -bundle -undefined dynamic_lookup build/
> temp.darwin-8.8.0-Power_Macintosh-2.4/grpmodule.o -L/opt/local/lib -
> L/sw/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o build/lib.darwin-8.8.0-
> Power_Macintosh-2.4/grp.so
>
> Where are these coming from, if /sw is not in my path?

Strange, I think, really. But I am no expert.
As macports is mostly selfcontained, I would
make the assumption that there must be a re-
ference to /sw in some configuration file.
Does Spotlight index /opt/local? I have not
checked myself. Or, you might use the search
feature of TextWrangler to search across the
content of all files within a directory. It
might be a bit too tough to search the whole
/opt/local that way, but what about
/opt/local/etc or /opt/local/etc/ports?
For me, this is more convenient then doing
the same on the shell.

I am off now (it is late in Germany),

Christian