error on port selfupdate

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Wed Mar 7 16:04:48 PST 2007

Hello,

Am 08.03.2007 um 00:48 schrieb Marco Battistella:

> when trying to run a port selfupdate command i get the following
> error:
>> checking for C compiler default output file name... configure:
> error: C compiler cannot create executables
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> This is in a system with a fresh OS install, my configuration is OS
> X server 10.3.9 with xTools installed and all updates installed.
> I tried re installing darwingports but i still get the same error.

I would try and install Developer Tools again. I had exactly the same
error
on a completely different machine (iMac G5, Mac OS X 10.4.8 and
Developer
Tools 2.4.0). I believe that somebody (myself?) did a partial install of
Developer Tools before. I just installed Developer Tools 2.4.1 over it
and everything went fine afterwards.

Bye, Christian