error on port selfupdate [solved ?]

Marco Battistella macports.mb at makeko.com
Wed Mar 14 07:26:57 PDT 2007

Hi,
not finding any other way to fix the problem i decided to start from
scratch, i reformatted the drive and made a new fresh installation of
the OS and then of darwinPorts.
When the time came to install xtools I noticed that had a few
different discs, in particular one labeled as xtools 1.0 and another
as xtools 1.2 (coming form different sets of OS X). During my
downloading the 1.1 update form software updates but it never
(explicitly) updated to 1.2.
Could this be the issue I was having?
Unfortunately i was not able to find anything about this in the apple
developer website.
I someone else encounter the same problem that might be something to
look into.
take care,
Marco