Fwd: error on port selfupdate [solved ?]

Elise van Looij evlooij at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 14 07:55:07 PDT 2007

Op 14-mrt-2007, om 15:26 heeft Marco Battistella het volgende
geschreven:
Hi,
not finding any other way to fix the problem i decided to start from
scratch, i reformatted the drive and made a new fresh installation of
the OS and then of darwinPorts.
When the time came to install xtools I noticed that had a few
different discs, in particular one labeled as xtools 1.0 and another
as xtools 1.2 (coming form different sets of OS X). During my
downloading the 1.1 update form software updates but it never
(explicitly) updated to 1.2.
Could this be the issue I was having?
Unfortunately i was not able to find anything about this in the apple
developer website.
I someone else encounter the same problem that might be something to
look into.
take care,
Marco

The latest version of xtools is only availiable from ADC, the Apple
Developer Connection at
http://developer.apple.com/
You can get a free membership that gives you access to downloads,
documentation etc. The installation disks for 10.4.8 that came with
my new MacBook no longer offer the developers tools, only X11. See
also the wiki article:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/InstallingMacPorts

Elise van Looij