Portfile whitespace issues

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Wed Mar 14 16:19:20 PDT 2007

Pretty much every single new portfile submission I look at appears to
have been made with hard tabs set at 8 width. However, I (and many
others) use 4-width tabs, so these portfiles look very ugly in our
editors.

I would ask that all new Portfile submissions be done with 4-space
soft tabs instead. Using spaces means all editors will present the
Portfile the same way. Every single modern editor (including emacs
and vim) has the capability of doing 4-space soft tabs, so please use
it.

Thanks,
Kevin Ballard

--