rpm won't build

Keith Irwin keith.irwin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:40:18 PDT 2007

On Mar 17, 2007, at 9:21 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2007, at 23:16, Keith Irwin wrote:

>>> I searched for the error message you got, and found this thread
>>> which seems relevant:
>>>
>>> https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/rpm-devel/2006-November/
>>> 001838.html
>>>
>>> It says the problem exists because rpm 4.4.5 doesn't support neon
>>> 0.26.2, but rpm 4.4.6 does. The rpm web site is very confusing to
>>> me and I cannot determine whether rpm 4.4.6 has been released or
>>> not. You may want to get in touch with the maintainer of the rpm
>>> port.
>>
>> Hm.  As suggested on that thread, I'd be fine without neon.  Can I
>> simply edit the port file to alter the configure args?  And if I
>> did that, would "port clean rpm" then "port install rpm" be what
>> I'd do next?
>
> That should work. Also, once you edit the portfile, port will
> notice that the portfile has been changed and will auto-clean it
> for your before install.

Hi Ryan--

Found newer tarballs here: http://wraptastic.org/pub/rpm-4.4.x/

I edited the portfile to use 4.4.6, changed the checksum, but, of
course, the patches don't apply.  I'm not sure who the maintainer
is.  I see that the Portfile itself indicates "n3npq at mac.com", but
that the last source control tag is "blair at macports.org".  I've
emailed n3npq.  Should I email blair as well?

Keith