rpm won't build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 18 16:59:03 PDT 2007

On Mar 18, 2007, at 10:40, Keith Irwin wrote:

> Found newer tarballs here: http://wraptastic.org/pub/rpm-4.4.x/
>
> I edited the portfile to use 4.4.6, changed the checksum, but, of
> course, the patches don't apply.  I'm not sure who the maintainer
> is.  I see that the Portfile itself indicates "n3npq at mac.com", but
> that the last source control tag is "blair at macports.org".  I've
> emailed n3npq.  Should I email blair as well?

If you look at the revision log, you'll see that blair's changes were
not really relevant to the content of the portfile.

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/
sysutils/rpm/Portfile

n3npq is the maintainer and is responsible for the port's content.
However, because it's not an @macports.org address, it's reasonable
to guess that this person does not have commit access and cannot
therefore make their own changes in the port.