(no subject)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Mar 22 03:14:07 PDT 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 23:33, Paul Beard wrote:

> On Mar 21, 2007, at 8:30 PM, John Korchok wrote:
>
>> I have reformatted the terminal output to resemble what I see on-
>> screen.
>> Does this tell anyone anything? Is there a clue here? What is
>> "Illegal
>> instruction ${AWK-awk}" in line 34? Thanks for any help, sorry for
>> being
>> ignorant.
>
> try installing gawk (GNU awk) from ports (port install gawk) and re-
> do the install.
>
> run port clean ncursesw && port install ncursesw and let us know
> what happens.

But no: the lines in John's output starting with "AWK=gawk" show that
gawk is already installed on his system. But John, I can't get the
ncurses/ncursesw install to fail on my MacBook Pro, with or without
gawk installed. Either way, it installs just fine.

First question: how is gawk installed on your system? With MacPorts,
or with Fink, or manually? What does "which gawk" say? What about sh?
Do you have a weird version of sh installed somewhere? What does
"which sh" say?