Porting Crossfire

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Mar 25 02:45:30 PDT 2007

On Mar 25, 2007, at 03:54, Jarimatti Valkonen wrote:

> I've started to make a port for Crossfire (http://crossfire.real-
> time.com/). Currently I've got the game client working on my
> machine, but I don't know how to add dependencies. Which fine
> manual should I read?

I'm not sure... I recommend looking at other existing ports. The php5
port is a fairly big port with lots of dependencies to give you some
ideas.

> Attached are the two portfiles (one for the client and one for the
> image files). As this is my first serious try at making a port any
> comments are greatly appreciated.
>
> Should the game binary be installed in /opt/local/games instead of /
> opt/local/bin? I used the Nethack port as my reference and
> installed to /opt/local/bin.

No. There is no /opt/local/games, nor should there be. Binaries go
in /opt/local/bin.

Alternative: If this is a GUI application that is double-clicked to
be started, then it should go in /Applications/MacPorts. See the
neverball port for an example.