Ncursesw problem solved - the drastic way

John Korchok jkorchok at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:16:42 PDT 2007

After trying everything including port uninstall installed, I couldn't get
ncursesw to install.

Finally I deleted the entire Darwinports installation and folder using
sudo rm -rf /opt/local /Applications/MacPorts /Applications/DarwinPorts
/Library/Tcl/darwinports1.0 /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.*
/Library/StartupItems/DarwinPortsStartup

I reinstalled using MacPorts 1.4.0-rc2, reinstalled apache2 and I'm having
no problems at all.  Thanks for everyone's help.

Does anyone have any suggestions about safe upgrade procedures that won't
wreck my existing installation in the future?

John Korchok