Porting Crossfire

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Mar 26 00:48:51 PDT 2007

On Mar 26, 2007, at 02:20, Jarimatti Valkonen wrote:

>>> Should the game binary be installed in /opt/local/games instead
>>> of /opt/local/bin? I used the Nethack port as my reference and
>>> installed to /opt/local/bin.
>>
>> No. There is no /opt/local/games, nor should there be. Binaries go
>> in /opt/local/bin.
>
> Understood. I got my idea from the manpage porthier(7), so it seems
> to need some clarification.

Ah. Indeed it does say that. First time I've seen that manpage. :-)

I don't know if any portfile actually installs anything in /opt/local/
games. Seems to be like it would be a bad idea, since in order to use
those items effectively, you'd have to add /opt/local/games to your
PATH as well, and I've never seen that recommendation in any
installation doc. Why make people add two paths to their PATH when
adding just the one would be just fine if everything got installed in
that one path?