[PROPOSAL] Getting the badging to work correctly!

Ringo De Smet ringods at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 1 09:25:31 PDT 2007

Hello SCPlugin users & developers,

First of all, I send this only to the user mailing list as I expect that
all the developers are subscribed too!

Second, you all know that we (the developers) have a hard time getting the
icon badging to work properly and consistently. Since I am stuck at home
due to the recovery from a broken arm, I took some time to investigate the
problem.

I would like to inform you that I think I found a decent solution to
resolve the issue once and for all, but it requires a fundamental change:
all versioned files are displayed in a separate file system, mounted as a
separate disk in the Finder.

How can we implement this? Read all about it in the proposal that I wrote
up:

http://www.celaeno.be/scplugin/index.html

Please tell me what you think of this proposal! I can stand some criticism,
so if you think this is complete rubbish, I want to hear it. :-)

Ringo