Macports installs "offline"

Chris Pickel chpickel at stwing.upenn.edu
Wed May 2 15:04:52 PDT 2007

On 02 May, 2007, at 16:42, Ron wrote:
> On the old Darwinports I read somewhere how to do "port install
> app" offline by simply downloading the "rpm" manually and putting
> it somewhere where the "rsync" service expected it.  But I forgot
> exactly the details.  My existing network at work has "rsync"
> service to the Internet blocked for some reason.  Does any one
> recall how to do this?  It wasn't that hard, I just forgot.  I also
> have several OSX boxes that CANNOT be on the net that still need
> updating.

I believe the directory that is rsync'ed is, by default, /opt/local/
var/db/dports/sources/*_dpupdate1 Copying this to another machine
should effectively do `port sync`. I don't know how one would do
`port selfupdate` without rsync access.

Also, for a machine that's not connected to the internet, you'll need
the distfiles in /opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles

Chris