New guy - imapsync port problem/query - p5-net-ssleay

Erik Likvarn erik at likkie.com
Wed May 2 16:49:13 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I am new to Darwin Ports.  I want to get this working because I need to
use imapsync.  I am migrating from Exchange server to OS X Server.

I have set up a test server and installed Darwin Ports.  That all
seemed to go fine.

Then I attempted to install imapsync using

	sudo port install imapsync

Everything seemed to be going fine until it got to p5-net-ssleay

It has been sitting like this all night (about 10 hours now):

	sudo port install imapsync
	--->  Fetching p5-net-ssleay
	--->  Attempting to fetch Net_SSLeay.pm-1.30.tar.gz from
http://ftp.ucr.ac.cr/Unix/CPAN/modules/by-module/Net
	--->  Verifying checksum(s) for p5-net-ssleay
	--->  Extracting p5-net-ssleay
	--->  Applying patches to p5-net-ssleay
	--->  Configuring p5-net-ssleay

After my initial attempt, I removed perl5.8 and its dependents and
started again.

10 hours seems like an awfully long time. The processor cores in my Mac
pro are going at 100% one after other typical of a non-MP aware
application.

Is this normal, or are we stuck in some kind of a loop here?

Any advice accepted gratefully.

Cheers,

Likkie.