Error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat May 5 00:29:37 PDT 2007

On May 5, 2007, at 01:54, Mervyn wrote:

> Someone else already suggested that my Macports needs updating but
> I've donte that already.
> Yes /opt exists.
> barcajax:~ barcajax$ echo $PATH
> /sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/
> bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin
> Ports installed
> barcajax:~ barcajax$ port installed
> The following ports are currently installed:
>   expat @2.0.0_1
>   gettext @0.16.1_0
>   libiconv @1.11_4+darwin_8
>   perl5.8 @5.8.8_0+darwin_8 (active)
>   pkgconfig @0.21_0 (active)
> Gettext is already in there.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Oof. Your path has the Fink paths (/sw/bin, /sw/sbin) listed first.
Do you have Fink installed, and various software installed with Fink?
If so, that may be a recipe as disaster. Possibly some parts of the
Fink installation are now being used by MacPorts, which will lead to
unpredictability as the MacPorts port authors have not tested with
that configuration. Can you remove Fink or do you need it for something?

Which port was it that was being built when that message about
gettext was shown?