Bacula has no maintainer?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 6 00:29:19 PDT 2007

On May 6, 2007, at 02:06, Tabitha McNerney wrote:

> I noticed something kind of odd today. The Bacula port has no
> maintainer:

It's not that odd. Over 2000 of our not-quite-4000 ports currently
have no maintainer. [1]

> This is kind of a bummer because it looks like Bacula got a major
> version upgrade in March to 2.0.3

Yes, and the bacula port was updated to 2.0.3 on April 22, 2007.
Perhaps you have not synced your ports tree since then? Use "sudo
port sync" to do so, then do "port outdated" to see what you need to
upgrade.

Perhaps you also don't have the latest version of MacPorts (1.4.3).
It was released April 17, 2007. To get it, run "sudo port
selfupdate". selfupdate includes sync, so it's not necessary to run
sync separately.

> I wonder who started the Bacula Mac (darwin?) Port?

No need to wonder: the entire history is available in the repository
browser:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/log/trunk/dports/
sysutils/bacula

As we see, the port has never had a maintainer. But it was created by
mww and has been updated mostly by him ever since.

If you're interested in the bacula software, you could also consider
becoming its maintainer, since it's currently available for adoption.

[1]

$ port echo maintainer:nomaintainer at macports.org | wc -l
     2126

$ port list | wc -l