rsync errors

Mark brouce at gmx.net
Sun May 6 05:08:45 PDT 2007

Hi mates!

I am trying to install a program via MacPorts. MacPorts itself is
installed correctly in version 1.400. I am using a MacBook ;), like
many new users do ;).

Well, when I try to install a port, I have to sync before. When I try
to sync, I get the following error:

port sync failed: sync failed doing rsync

It doesn't mean much to me. I am sorry, but I am a new Mac User.

To analyse these error, because I need darwinports ;), I installed a
shareware called Port Authority, which is a GUI for MacPorts.
It displays this error:

Synchronizing from rsync://rsync.darwinports.org/dpupdate/dports
rsync: failed to connect to rsync.darwinports.org: Operation timed
out (60)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/
rsync-24.1/rsync/clientserver.c(94)

Does anybody know how to fix this error? What is the problem?

Yours,
Mark