missing dependency in gnupg2

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun May 6 23:25:09 PDT 2007

Hi Paul,

> Apparently, gnupg2 expects gpg-agent to be installed:
>
> can't connect server: `ERR 33554701 can't exec `/opt/local/bin/gpg-
> agent': No such file or directory'
> gpg: can't connect to the agent: IPC connect call failed
> gpg: problem with the agent: No agent running

I haven't heard from waqar@ in a while, so I thought I'd ask you
about this problem.  I'm happy to add gpg-agent as a dependency if
need be, but I'd like to see if I can work out just how essential it
is.  So:

1) What command did you execute to get the above error?
2) Did installing gpg-agent fix the problem for you?

I may have other questions later, but that'll do to start with.  I
can't promise that I'll get properly to the bottom of it as I don't
think I have a way to try using gnupg2 in the way in which I think
you're using it, but I'll see what I can do.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)