fontconfig-2.4.2.tar.gz

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 23 04:32:51 PDT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 06:17, Jean-Christophe Michel wrote:

> Le 7 mai 07 à 04:40, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> fontconfig archives are only hosted on fontconfig.org, and their
>> web site appears to be down at this time. As a temporary measure,
>> I'm putting the archive on my web site, from which you can
>> manually download it and put it in the right place for MacPorts to
>> find it. To do so, copy the following 4 commands into the Terminal:
>>
>> cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles
>> sudo mkdir -p fontconfig
>> cd fontconfig
>> sudo curl -O http://www.ryandesign.com/tmp/fontconfig-2.4.2.tar.gz
>>
>> MacPorts should now be able to find it and continue with the install.
>
> This didn't work for me:
> --->  Configuring fontconfig
> Error: Target com.apple.configure returned: configure failure:
> shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_graphics_fontconfig/work/fontconfig-2.4.2" && ./configure --
> prefix=/opt/local --mandir=/opt/local/share/man --with-add-fonts=/
> Library/Fonts,/Network/Library/Fonts,/System/Library/Fonts,/usr/
> X11R6/lib/X11/fonts,/opt/local/share/fonts " returned error 1
> Command output: sh: line 1: cd: /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_graphics_fontconfig/work/fontconfig-2.4.2: No such file or
> directory
>
> Is there some missing action to do before continuing installation ?

Not really. It should work. Something is in a weird state. Try cleaning:

sudo port clean --work fontconfig

Then try installing again:

sudo port install fontconfig

Or: when did you download the archive from my site? I had removed it
already because the fontconfig web site came back up. However, I see
now that it's down again. I'm putting the archive back on my site.
Maybe you need to re-download it. Also, I'm updating the portfile to
list a couple mirrors so hopefully it will work too soon.