FUSE ports [was Re: sshfs]

Jyrki Wahlstedt jwa at macports.org
Sun May 6 23:35:07 PDT 2007

On 4.5.2007, at 6.21, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> My bigger question is how people are managing to use anything
> depending on fuse at all, at the moment.  On 10.4.9, I get the
> following build error for libfuse:
>
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _User_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/fuse_knote.h:
> 17: error: redefinition of 'struct klist'
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _Users_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/fuse_knote.h:
> 19: error: redefinition of 'struct filterops'
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _Users_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/fuse_knote.h:
> 26: error: redefinition of 'struct kqtailq'
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _Users_jkh_Src_macports_dports_fuse_fusefs/work/fusefs/fuse_knote.h:
> 28: error: redefinition of 'struct knote'
>
> I've just been assuming that the fuse stuff is broken right now
> (don't even ask how it horks up on Leopard - not even close to
> building there).   Are others getting better results with fuse and
> Tiger?
>
> - Jordan
>
> On May 3, 2007, at 3:09 PM, Kevin Ballard wrote:
>
>> I recommend asking on the MacFUSE google group.
>>
>> On May 2, 2007, at 12:06 PM, Jochen Küpper wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> I am using MacPorts' fuse + sshfs to mount several remote
>>> directories from various Linux servers. most running OpenSSH 3.8.
>>>
>>> When I edit textfiles (typically C++ or python source code) and
>>> delete some bytes in the file, the file on the server sometimes
>>> has spurious characters at the end of the file, often a colon
>>> (":"), for example.
>>>
>>> Is this a know issue?
>>> Is this an issue of MacPorts, FUSE (MacFUSE ?), sshfs?
>>> Where else should I ask if this is not the appropriate mailing list?

Hi all,
there seems to be one small problem with the package. It does not
build on case-sensitive filesystems! It failed in my home laptop,
though there were no problems in my work laptop. The main difference
between the units is the filesystem, at work I didn't install the
system and the filesystem is the default, at home I use the case-
sensitive variant (having a still longer UNIX than Mac background).
I looked at the fusefs package and there is an include (in fuse_ipc.c):
#include <UserNotification/kUNCUserNotifications.h>

the file is actually:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Headers/
UserNotification/KUNCUserNotifications.h

I couldn't yet check whether that fixes the problem, but it seems
promising. Every port should build on case-sensitive filesystems, too!!!
!
! Jyrki Wahlstedt
!	skype:jyrkiwahlstedt
!	http://www.wahlstedt.fi/jyrki/
!
! Our life is no dream; but it ought to become one and perhaps will.
! PGP key ID: 0x139CC386 fingerprint: F355 B46F 026C B8C1 89C0  A780
6366 EFD9 139C C386