hosting an internal macports server with binaries

Marc André Selig mselig at gmail.com
Tue May 8 05:48:05 PDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh at brierdr.com> wrote:
> You can also do use the "mpkg" target for ports with dependencies; this will
> cause a metapackage to be built which contains all the deps, making the
> package stand-alone.

I just tried that.  It seems not to work quite as anticipated.

$ sudo port mpkg gnucash +guile16

... results in port packaging guile instead of guile16, which makes
the resulting package useless.

It seems as if port mpkg follows the original dependencies specified
in the port, not those in the variant given, nor even those in the
default variant.

Any hints how to fix this?  This functionality would probably be
useful to some people who don't really want to install MacPorts at
all, but just need that one package.

Or is there anything else I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
Marc

PS: If you try the command above, be prepared for a long wait.  On my
old iBook G4, after packaging gnucash itself, port took 15 minutes
just to compute dependencies before beginning to collect them.