Php5 won't install, patches fail?

Michał Roszka michal.roszka at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:53:12 PDT 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 4:14 AM, Jeff Adams wrote:

> How can I force it to install the old version?

Making your own Portfile should do the trick.

1) First create a directory, for instance "/tmp/php5/".
2) Then "sudo port edit php5" and you will get the current Portfile
(you need to have the EDITOR environment variable set)
3) Modify and save it as "/tmp/php5/Portfile".
4) Then "cd /tmp/php5/".
5) And finally "sudo port install".

Note, that "port install" without any package name given uses the
Portfile from the current working directory (/tmp/php5/ in our case)
or returns an error message if no Portfile is found.

Kind regards,

	-- M. Roszka