Php5 won't install, patches fail?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue May 8 20:57:54 PDT 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 22:51, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Thank you for reporting the problem. My co-maintainer updated the
> php5 port to 5.2.2 recently. It installed ok for me; I didn't
> realize the patch was failing. Ah, I see that patch is only used on
> Mac OS X 10.3.x. I use 10.4.x and I suspect my co-maintainer does
> too. I'll have to have a look at this situation.

Looking at the portfile, I now remember. I even left a note in the
portfile that the patch should be removed once PHP 5.2.2 was
available. I guess my co-maintainer overlooked my note. :-) I've
removed the patch so now the port should install properly for you.
Just give it 12 hours or so, then "sudo port sync" and then you
should be able to install PHP 5.2.2.