Install package from local file

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Tue May 8 23:55:54 PDT 2007

(Re-sending this to the list to share the love.)

> Can I let ports use the file I manually downloaded instead of
> trying to download it?

Just copy the files to the appropriate directory (${prefix}/var/db/
dports/distfiles/${portname}) -- you may find that you need to delete
the *.TMP file there -- and it should all just work!  As for your
download problems, I'd like to offer some suggestions, but I'm afraid
my only suggestion is that you have a buggy install of curl
somewhere, or perhaps of one of its dependencies.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)