installing old versions of port (was: grace upgrade problem)

Jochen Küpper jochen at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed May 9 02:10:51 PDT 2007

On 09.05.2007, at 02:27, Boey Maun Suang wrote:

> As for the failure to upgrade grace here, I'm guessing that the
> reason was that, at the time you ran "port upgrade outdated", you
> had the two versions of grace already installed and port thought it
> only had to activate the newer one (which failed because the older
> one was already active), whereas you had only one version installed
> of each of the other ports, and so it did deactivated the old one
> before installing the new one.  If this is what it did, then that
> looks to me like a bug.  If you (or others reading this) would be
> so kind as to try to reproduce and confirm this (and then file it
> as a bug if you do), or otherwise figure out what is happening,
> that would be most helpful.

Could be. Not sure there is a way to still find out.

Well, I thought I could try to reproduce it, so I uninstalled grace
and tried to install the old version, but that does apparently not work:

 > sudo port install grace @5.1.18_0
--->  Fetching grace
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for grace
--->  Extracting grace
--->  Configuring grace
--->  Building grace with target all
--->  Staging grace into destroot
--->  Installing grace 5.1.20_0
--->  Activating grace 5.1.20_0
--->  Cleaning grace

Ho can I install an old version of a port?

Greetings,
Jochen
--
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit                http://www.Jochen-