Port version 1.440?

Jeff Adams jeffadams78 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 04:35:34 PDT 2007

I'm pretty sure that a week ago or whenever it was I
first installed MacPorts, I used the DMG and got
version 1.4.0 which then updated to 1.4.4 on the first
"port selfupdate".

This time when I ran port selfupdate I got:

DarwinPorts base version 1.440 installed
Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.440
The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was
not updated
selfupdate done!

Is that the same as 1.4.4?  Is it just missing the
second "."?  Or is something corrupt somewhere?