port activate error: can't read "revision": no such variable

Paulo Moura pmoura at di.ubi.pt
Wed May 9 15:22:24 PDT 2007

On 2007/05/09, at 22:57, James Berry wrote:

> Actually, try doing this:
>
> 	sudo port -p uninstall xsb @3.0.1+_0/
>
> (add a slash to the end of the version number). This disambiguates
> the version from any variants for the port. I'm not sure it'll
> work, since I'm still not sure I know where the problem is, but
> it's worth a try.

The problem seems to be that MacPorts is not properly escaping
version strings. The "3.0.1+" version comes from the software that
the Portfile gets from CVS. This leads me to use the same version
name on the portfile, otherwise the symbolic link that is created on
the post-destroot phase would be broken. The software builds without
trouble but fails on activation with the same dreaded error:

--->  Archive for xsb 3.0.1+_0 packaged
--->  Installing xsb 3.0.1+_0
DEBUG: Executing com.apple.install (xsb)
DEBUG: installing directory: /opt/local/var/db/dports/software/xsb/
3.0.1+_0/opt
DEBUG: installing directory: /opt/local/var/db/dports/software/xsb/
3.0.1+_0/opt/local
DEBUG: installing directory: /opt/local/var/db/dports/software/xsb/
3.0.1+_0/opt/local/bin
DEBUG: installing link: /opt/local/var/db/dports/software/xsb/3.0.1
+_0/opt/local/bin/xsb
DEBUG: Executing com.apple.activate (xsb)
--->  Activating xsb 3.0.1+_0
Error: Target com.apple.activate returned: can't read "revision": no
such variable
Warning: the following items did not execute (for xsb):
com.apple.activate

Thanks for your help,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura at di.ubi.pt>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research: <http://logtalk.org/>