documentation on testing a new port?

cremes.devlist at mac.com cremes.devlist at mac.com
Wed May 9 18:01:04 PDT 2007

I'm working on creating a new Portfile but I can't find any
documentation on how to test it. My previous forays into macports
were all modifications to pre-existing ports.

All the docs are pointing at the old darwinports.opendarwin.org which
no longer exists. Plus, in the wiki the link to the "old" docs which
haven't been moved over yet just redirects to the macports.org homepage.

I tried shoving the new Portfile into /opt/local/var/db/dports/
sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/multimedia (where
it should eventually go) but the port command doesn't pick it up. Is
there an index I need to muck with?

Any pointers would be welcome.

cr