documentation on testing a new port?

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed May 9 18:08:49 PDT 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 9:01 PM, cremes.devlist at mac.com wrote:
> I tried shoving the new Portfile into /opt/local/var/db/dports/
> sources/rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/multimedia
> (where it should eventually go) but the port command doesn't pick
> it up. Is there an index I need to muck with?
>
> Any pointers would be welcome.

If you're just testing, create a new empty directory, put the
Portfile in it, cd to it, and just run port there (when you run the
commands without specifying a port name, the port command will look
for a Portfile in cwd).

If you want to create your own portfile repository, then you'll want/
need to mess with generating an index.

--
Daniel J. Luke