port activate error: can't read "revision": no such variable

Paulo Moura pmoura at di.ubi.pt
Wed May 9 23:28:03 PDT 2007

On 2007/05/10, at 05:58, Boey Maun Suang wrote:

> You wouldn't happen to be running MacPorts from ToT (a.k.a. trunk),
> rather than a release version?

Nope, I'm running the latest stable one (1.440).

> James Berry has committed some changes recently that removes '+'
> from the list of acceptable characters in port names (see top of
> the current ChangeLog [1]).  If that's not it, I'm out of ideas :-)

That change seems (from an outsider) quite arbitrary. Certainly is
possible to escape strings containing characters like "+"? Especially
if a name is acceptable as file system name.

All the best,

Paulo

Paulo Jorge Lopes de Moura
Dep. of Computer Science, University of Beira Interior
6201-001 Covilhã, Portugal

Office 4.3  Ext. 3257
Phone: +351 275319891 Fax: +351 275319899
Email: <mailto:pmoura at di.ubi.pt>

Home page: <http://www.di.ubi.pt/~pmoura>
Research: <http://logtalk.org/>