Firefox 2.0?

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Thu May 10 01:04:37 PDT 2007

On 10/05/2007, at 17:41, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> Why wouldn't we want to just update firefox-x11 to 2.0.0.3?

I'd be for that, but it might take significantly more work to get
2.0.0.3 to build than it would 1.5.0.11, so we could provide the
latter in the meantime.  In addition, some people might have their
own reasons to want to continue using 1.5 despite the fact that
Mozilla will cease supporting it in a week or so, so we can provide
it under firefox-x11-1.5 or similar for a year or so.  I just like
the idea of giving people choice when it won't cost us much to do so.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)