mjpegtools update request

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Fri May 11 08:45:48 PDT 2007

David Liontooth <liontooth at cogweb.net> on Friday, May 11, 2007 at 12:51 AM
-0800 wrote:
>Any chance we can get an upgrade on the mjpegtools macport? We're trying
>to add transcode, and it needs at least 1.8.0.

Have you tried to update it yourself?  Look over the one patchfile and see
if the changes were incorporated in the newer tarball.  If so, omit the
patchfiles keyword.  If not, perhaps the patch still works.  If not
re-create the changes in the new file version and create a new patch.
Frequently that is all that is required.  If you get it working, just
submit a patch for the portfile with the changes and submit in Trac.  It
would help the maintainer, and if he's not still around we can commit it
after 3 days.

Mark