Firefox 2.0?

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Fri May 11 02:19:46 PDT 2007

On 11 May 2007, at 02:48, Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> Am I missing something here? Would not a port come from the linux
> side and thereby x11?
> I mean are ports basically unix? Yes, I know of the aqua branch of
> ports.

Mac OS X is basically unix. However, given all the minor differences
between unix versions and linux versions, it is pretty much
impossible to build a complex application that really does not care
what variant of unix its running on. The aqua branch of ports is
irrelevant here. What is relevant is that the Mozilla developers will
drop in fixes for making things work on the Mac in Aqua by testing
"Are we on a mac?" not by testing "Are we building for aqua?"