Problems installing pkgconfig?

Wouter Eerdekens retuow at gmail.com
Sun May 13 04:17:37 PDT 2007

2007/5/13, Mike Jones <michael.wyn.jones at googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I've just downloaded and installed darwinports(macports) and am having
> problems with pkgconfig - which is a dependency of a number of files. The
> command I'm running is:
>
> sudo port install -d pkgconfig
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for pkgconfig
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for pkg-config-0.21.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for pkg-config-0.21.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for pkg-config-0.21.tar.gz
> Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums
>
> Is there a problem with the package, or am I doing something wrong? I'm
> running MacOSX 10.4.9

It appears the freedesktop.org servers are down for maintenance. The
pkg-config-0.21.tar.gz file you downloaded is actually a HTML file
with a downtime notice...

I downloaded the package from a mirror:

http://mirror.opensysadmin.com/pkg-config/pkg-config-0.21.tar.gz

and put the file in /opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles/pkgconfig

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Wouter

--
Music is a powerful and direct teacher which speaks to us all,
to the degree that we are able to hear.