hicolor-icon-theme checksum failure

Michael Dakin macports-users at mdakin.mailcan.com
Mon May 14 10:01:18 PDT 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Christopher Riker wrote:
> I have poked around a bit and found that the source file host,
> http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/wiki/HicolorTheme is reporting
> this problem at http://gabe.freedesktop.org:
>
>> Many of the wikis on freedesktop.org is currently down for
>> maintenance: we're working to bring all the wikis back up ASAP.
>> Sorry for the inconvenience. -daniels
>
> Which leads me to believe that the checksum problem is resulting
> because the file is not at the expected location due to maintenance.
>
> Am I right in this assumption?

I encountered a similar problem when installing pkg-config which is
also hosted by freedesktop.org.  The .tar.gz file MacPorts got from
freedesktop.org contained the text of the error message.  (You can
check your assumption by examining the contents of the file that was
downloaded.)  I worked around this problem by locating the .tar.gz
file on a mirror, manually downloading it and copying it into the
proper place and then running the install command again.  This worked
fine as the mirror's file was identical and thus the checksums matched.

  -Michael Dakin