hicolor-icon-theme checksum failure

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 14 11:09:09 PDT 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 11:46, Christopher Riker wrote:

> I'm receiving checksum failures while trying to install hicolor-
> icon-theme
>
> My error is:
>
>> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for hicolor-icon-theme
>> --->  Checksumming hicolor-icon-theme-0.10.tar.gz
>> Portfile checksum: hicolor-icon-theme-0.10.tar.gz md5
>> 3534f7b8e59785c7d5bfa923e85510a7
>> Distfile checksum: hicolor-icon-theme-0.10.tar.gz md5
>> bdd79932b340f0cf678136cb56477dd3
>> Warning: the following items did not execute (for hicolor-icon-
>> theme): com.apple.activate com.apple.extract com.apple.checksum
>> com.apple.patch com.apple.configure com.apple.build
>> com.apple.destroot com.apple.install
>

> I have poked around a bit and found that the source file host,
> http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/wiki/HicolorTheme is reporting
> this problem at http://gabe.freedesktop.org:
>
>> Many of the wikis on freedesktop.org is currently down for
>> maintenance: we're working to bring all the wikis back up ASAP.
>> Sorry for the inconvenience. -daniels
>

> Which leads me to believe that the checksum problem is resulting
> because the file is not at the expected location due to maintenance.
>
> Am I right in this assumption?

Parts of freedesktop.org have been down for some time. I have updated
the portfile to get the archive from a mirror. Wait 12 hours, then
"sudo port sync", then "sudo port clean --work hicolor-icon-theme",
then "sudo port install hicolor-icon-theme".

If you don't want to wait, you can install it now by downloading the
archive yourself and putting it in the right place. Paste these lines
into the Terminal. Then you should be able to install hicolor-icon-
theme.

cd /opt/local/var/db/dports/distfiles
sudo mkdir -p hicolor-icon-theme
cd hicolor-icon-theme
sudo curl -O 'http://www.vg.kernel.org/pub/mirrors/gentoo/source/
distfiles/hicolor-icon-theme-0.10.tar.gz'

Make sure the above are on four lines. The last line may wrap in your
email client, or may grow an inadvertent space in the middle of the
URL, which you'd have to correct.