libmad developer package

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Wed May 16 21:20:07 PDT 2007

mark brethen <mbrethen at aim.com> on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 6:37 PM
-0800 wrote:
>>> I'll try it later today. One thing I noticed, this file:
>>>
>>> libdata/pkgconfig/mad.pc
>>>
>>> is not in my /opt/local directory. In fact, I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>> That's the one that my modifications added.  That was the one that the
>> freebsd port had that the MacPorts one lacked.
>>
>> Mark
>>

>I installed your modified port but I get this:
>
>brethen-familys-Computer:~ marbre$ pkg-config --libs mad
>Package mad was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mad.pc'
>to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>No package 'mad' found
>
>Not sure why. Everything else is there.

I updated the portfile to revision 1.  Try it after it revision 1 appears
via selfupdate.  It is always possible that the problem you are
experiencing has nothing to do with pkg-config. If so this will make no
difference of course.  I have my fingers crossed.  If not, tell us exactly
are you trying to do with the port.  I know nothing about libmad.

Mark