libmad developer package

mark brethen mbrethen at aim.com
Sat May 19 07:05:36 PDT 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 12:20 AM, markd at macports.org wrote:

> mark brethen <mbrethen at aim.com> on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 at 6:37 PM

>>> That's the one that my modifications added.  That was the one that
>>> the
>>> freebsd port had that the MacPorts one lacked.
>>>
>>> Mark
>>>

>> I installed your modified port but I get this:
>>
>> brethen-familys-Computer:~ marbre$ pkg-config --libs mad
>> Package mad was not found in the pkg-config search path.
>> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `mad.pc'
>> to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
>> No package 'mad' found
>>
>> Not sure why. Everything else is there.
>
> I updated the portfile to revision 1.  Try it after it revision 1
> appears
> via selfupdate.  It is always possible that the problem you are
> experiencing has nothing to do with pkg-config. If so this will make no
> difference of course.  I have my fingers crossed.  If not, tell us
> exactly
> are you trying to do with the port.  I know nothing about libmad.
>
> Mark

Just to update you on the status. I contacted the mp3splt author at
sourceforge.net and he was able to walk me through the install. After
updating the libmad port I had to use

export CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -I/opt/local/include"
export LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L/opt/local/lib"

before configuring libmp3splt. The latest build of mp3splt (subversion)
fixes the cddb function. This doesn't work in the version that the
mp3splt port installs. If someone would guide me, I could create an
alternate (i.e. subversion) port install.