py-wxpython problems

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Sun May 20 01:02:29 PDT 2007

Hi Jochen,

> Can you confirm this?

Not just yet, but...

> How can we fix this?

... your output gave me an idea.  I don't know how to deal all of the
warnings that are like:

> ./CXX/Extensions.hxx: In constructor
> 'Py::PythonExtension<T>::PythonExtension() [with T = FuncXY]':
> src/_transforms.h:466:   instantiated from here
> ./CXX/Extensions.hxx:477: warning: right-hand operand of comma has
> no effect

but a friend of mine said that errors like this"

> src/_wxagg.cpp: In function 'wxBitmap* convert_agg2bitmap
> (RendererAgg*, Bbox*)':
> src/_wxagg.cpp:238: error: conversion from 'wxImage*' to 'const
> wxString' is ambiguous
> /opt/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:692: note: candidates are:
> wxString::wxString(wxChar, size_t) <near match>
> /opt/local/include/wx-2.8/wx/string.h:682: note:
> wxString::wxString(int) <near match>

are usually a sign that the overloaded function (which here is
wxString::wxString) does not have an overloading whose arguments are
of the right number type.  In the case that I had to deal with
before, it turned out that Mac OS X typedef'd something as a long
long int, which the function didn't have a case for dealing with; it
may be that there is something similarly system-specific happening
here, but it could equally be something else.  If you're not much
chop with C or C++, of course, this won't mean anything to you, but
maybe somebody else who is might find this useful.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)