PATH in xterm

Chris Pickel chpickel at stwing.upenn.edu
Tue May 22 15:25:23 PDT 2007

On 22 May, 2007, at 18:04, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> However, when X11.app first opens, it automatically opens an xterm
> for me, and that xterm still doesn't know my PATH. How do I teach it?

If I recall, that initial xterm is opened through your .xinitrc. If
you don't have an .xinitrc, /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/xinitrc is used
instead.

If you want to change the arguments to that initial xterm (or remove
it completely, as I did), then you can copy that file to ~/.xinitrc
and edit it. Obviously, you will want to make all of your changes
before the line 'exec quartz-wm'.

Chris